Employment law - Employees
Workplace disputes can be unsettling, stressful and time consuming. We are on hand to provide clear and supportive legal advice for challenges that you are facing.
The Employment Solicitors at ACUMEN BUSINESS LAW can negotiate on your behalf to help you secure a resolution to your workplace issues, better terms and conditions of your employment and compensation for unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. We are also well versed in negotiating lucrative severance agreements for senior and high level employees as part of an exit strategy.
Where resolution cannot be reached we will assess the merits of any potential claim you may have and discuss with you the options available, which may include providing you with the knowledge you need to progress the matter forward yourself.
Should you decide to progress with an Employment Tribunal claim we can present your claim, support you through the Tribunal process, and provide you with representation.
We will work closely with you each step of the way ensuring that you have all the support you need to make the best decisions for you.
We are able to provide advice and representation on a wide range of employment issues including:
- Preparing for disciplinary meetings
- Raising a Grievance
- Unfair and Constructive Dismissals
- Redundancy and Restructuring
- Unlawful deduction of wages, commission and bonus
- Employment status
- Agency Workers rights
- Discrimination (Disability, Age, Pregnancy and Maternity, Sexual Orientation)
- Bullying and Harassment in the workplace
- Changes to terms and conditions including flexible working and part time working requests
- Contract and post termination obligations and restrictions
- Understanding your contractual rights (ie., pay, bonus, wrongful dismissal)
- Statutory rights ( holiday entitlement, redundancy entitlement, maternity/paternity rights)
- Advising and negotiating better terms on Compromise Agreements
- Negotiating exits strategies
We are not a publicly funded organisation, however, we do offer every employee a significantly reduced hourly rate. It may also be possible to identify distinct stages for which we can provide you fixed fees so you can budget for your legal advice.